View Single Post
Old 13-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #32
Voldemort
 
Voldemort's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Wasn't valentines day originally telling/or secretly notifying someone that you like them.
Its about romance! And making single people feel like they're loved!
Tell someone you love them, because they might not know it.
Whats with all this sodding bitterness.

I understand, the way its become as plastic and fake as Christmas. And I hate the idea of all the BS that people buy.

But, they're nothing wrong with a Single red Rose, and an anonymous card.
That is Valentines Day.
Why should we have to set aside a day for spontaneous romance/to show people that you love and care for them?

It just seems a little stupid to me. If I loved someone/wanted to do something special for them, I'd tell them/do it whenever I felt like I should. I wouldn't wait until Valentine's day just because that's the custom. Similarly, if I loved someone, why should I feel like I 'need' to tell them this on Valentine's day, it's all a bit of a cop out.

In my opinion.

Voldemort is offline   Reply With Quote