View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
Lewis The Second
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leeds
RE: [song lyrics]

Comments appreicated on this, by the way:

A track off my new album. Relatively pleased with the lyrics, although someone pointed out they're a bit Mr Self Destruct by NIN, which I didn't notice at all when writing it. Ick!

Feel free to discuss interpretations etc... in fact please do, it'll be interesting!

Anyway:

---------------------

RE:

I am the room in which you grow
I am the stage on which you glow
I am the cotton mouth you get when you’re not sleeping well

I am the arsenal that you fire
I am the murder you conspire
I am the candy cane you spin around your finger tips

Enrol it in sympathy
Control it with relative ease
Then soil it with friendly fire

For your friends: your stupid answers
For you’re fine without them to hide behind

I am your royal dignitary
I am your spark of anarchy
I am the tingle in your stomach when you’re out with them

I am the smell of foreign rain
I am the poison in your veins
I am the times you wish you still could carry on with them

We’ll call it an amnesty
Retire but keep the seeds
Destroy it but not with fire

For your friends: your stupid answers
For you’re fine without them to hide behind

I’m the poison you needed most...


Last edited by Lewis The Second : 12-06-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Comments appreciated!
Lewis The Second is offline   Reply With Quote