Thread: New Meds
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 03:28 AM   #6
Shakespeare's Strumpet
Give every man thy ear, but few thy voice.
 
Shakespeare's Strumpet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In your mind...
I am currently:

I'm sorry I didn't mention it earleir. It's Tofranil-PM. And yeah, sopranonut, that did make a lot of sense. By the way, thanks to all of you for your support. I really appreciate it.
So, day one of the meds. I took the meds, as I was told, before I went to bed. Well, it didn't really knock me out. I stayed up until midnight. Granted, that's a little earlier than my normal bedtime, but still, I was hoping the medicine would work. When I got up the next morning, I felt groggy, had a slight headache, and felt a bit neuseas. I've never had a hangover, but I imagine that if you were to water one down, that's what I felt like this morning. In addition, I felt extremely sedated. So, I really had no energy, didn't much care about anything, and couldn't really complete a thought. But was oddly calm.
Now, of course, because I couldn't seem to think straight about anything, I forgot not only my lunch but my morning coffee (which is vital to my being). Irony would make it that I have hypoglycemia, of course, so luckily that sedated feeling wore off around the same time the extreme shaking of low blood sugar kicked in. That was around twelve.
Anyways, I'm thinking that I'm going to give the medicine a week before I really judge it. I hope that it doesn't consider to do that sedating bit, because I felt awful for most of the day. But I think maybe, since it's the first day, it was a bit more potent? I don't know. I'm not an expert. There was no decrease in suicidal thoughts or urges, but no increase either...although I did catch myself biting a few times...
Any thoughts, questions, concerns? Input from those with wisdom?



I do not want to know myself. I do not want to be myself. I know better, so I will strive to be better.



Shakespeare's Strumpet is offline   Reply With Quote