Thread: 5 years free
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2023, 07:31 PM   #1
DontLookUp
Saffyx
 
DontLookUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UK
I am currently:
5 years free

I could never have imagined getting to 5 years free when I was in the depths of everything, I didn't imagine I'd even still be alive. I have so much healing ahead of me still that it's overwhelming, but I'm just focusing on the day to day and trying to add more good things into my life and learning to pull myself out of dark places a little quicker each time.

My progress has been frustratingly slow and I feel very behind in life because I fell off that standard milestone trajectory a long long time ago, but what I've been through isn't my fault and I try my hardest to remind myself that each of us have our own individual timelines. I'll always be grateful for RYL and for the people on here that made me feel understood and less alone when I had no one else <3

I know sometimes you don't see a way out, it feels impossible and hopeless, and I'm not gonna tell you it gets better because we get told that a lot from people that really don't get it, but I will hold hope for anyone who cannot hold it for themselves the way others have and did for me.


Last edited by DontLookUp : 27-03-2023 at 07:42 PM.


♥ .I'm going to fall like I don't need saving. ♥
...My smile's just the armour I built when I was alone...

There was some part of me that hurt so badly, that I wouldn't ever be able to forget it.
It faded but the memories could bring it back any second, keeping me in the moment.
It would never fully heal. I could never really be free. I could never really be fixed.
Now I just have to work out how to live whilst being broken.
I feel like I'm dying.


DontLookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :