View Single Post
Old 15-08-2019, 02:36 PM   #1529
Soft Kitty
 
Soft Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013

I think attitudes towards EUPD and psychotic symptoms have changed in recent years. It used to be viewed in an oddly black and white way by some professionals, but it seems to be more well understood now (at least according to the NHS website) that people with EUPD can experience psychosis and that it can be serious. I feel like conditions are much more nuanced and personal than textbooks really allow for, even if they may be useful tools. Anyone can experience psychotic symptoms/episodes, whether from lack of sleep, too much stress, or drug-use without having a diagnosable psychotic disorder, as far as I'm aware. Others with more knowledge may be able to explain better or have more correct info.

More importantly, though, is what it all means for you, which may change (at least in my experience). You mentioned not wanting things to be better in the ways other people define it - do you know what 'better' would look like for you?

I really hope the aripiprazole helps, as a medication I take I (generally) experience it as being very helpful. I'm also very glad your CPN is back and that it was good to see her - and that you were able to say you wanted her to stay as your CPN.

Would now be a good time to look over your crisis plan with her and see if anything needs changing or needs more clarity?

Soft Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote