|
Bipolar Disorder?
So I know that it isn't recommended to attempt to diagnose someone over the internet, but that's not what I'm asking. Basically, I'm an 18 year old who has been seeing therapists for depression. Recently, I've been watching the show shameless and one of the characters had bipolar disorder. He seemed a bit like me so I did some research into the illness. Sometimes, ill have periods of what seem like the "manic" periods described in BPD. most of the rest of the time I'm just depressed, hence the Depression diagnosis, but I read that often BPD is misdiagnosed as Depression because the sufferers "manic" phases are seen as normal to them so they don't mention it. Trying to think if this could be the case to me, I asked some friends, some of them said that I sometimes seem "hyper" for no reason. I either sleep heaps or **** all (though that is also a symptom of depression). I recently started taking Zoloft which made more of these manic episodes happen more often, which I heard can happen with BPD. My only doubt is that these manic episodes don't last as long as the websites say, often only a day or few, though maybe I just only notice the worst of it. The Depression periods last as long as the sites say for BPD.
basically, I need the advice of someone with experience with BPD. Not to make a diagnosis, but to ask if this seems like it was for you if you ended up being diagnosed. And also to ask if it's worth mentioning to my Psych.
Thanks in advance
|