View Single Post
Old 31-12-2017, 06:11 PM   #7
gemstone
 
gemstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012

Hi Aubergine,

I'm new to this site I hope it's ok to post. I really feel for you as I was in a very similar position a few years ago and had to come off amisulpride due to v high prolactin levels. I had exhausted all my antipsychotic options as found they all had bad side effects. I was put on aripiprazole which didn't work and made my anxiety increase tenfold.

But then I was put on Lurasidone. It's a relatively new drug in the UK but is really excellent for me. No increase in prolactin, weight or fatigue and controls my symptoms v well. This medication is not on the formulary but your consultant may agree to try you on it if aripiprazole doesn't agree with you.

I really felt I had to reply to you because I really feel your pain. Please feel free to ask me any q's if you would like. All the best x

gemstone is offline   Reply With Quote