View Single Post
Old 10-12-2007, 12:41 AM   #93
a.breath.of.sunshine
collect your bones.
 
a.breath.of.sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: the sea of green
I am currently:

my favorite band has two songs that I've interperated as being about self-injury...

Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Faith in the Knife:

it's getting colder
each and everyday
the nights get longer
i slowly fade

find me some beauty
in this empty place
before you know it
i'll be gone without a trace

give me a reason to
wake up and face the light
i've been searching for
a way out of this life
how will i make it through
this long and bitter night?

(with no hope that i'll find a sign)
(with no hope that i'll find a sign)

when things like breathing
feel like a waste
it seems like leaving's
the only way

the best intentions
they never got me by
i can't escape this
it has overcome my mind [x2]

it has overcome my mind [x3]
overcome my mind

give me a reason to
wake up and face the light
i've been searching for
a way out of this life
how will i make it through
this long and bitter night?
(with no hope that i'll find a sign)
(no hope that i'll find a sign)
(no hope that i'll find a sign) [x2]

nothing this good
could last forever
(tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight)
i put all my faith in this knife
(tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight)
the blood spills as the tears fall from your eyes

i hope for the best
there's nothing left

[a fire burns inside]

lets celebrate the romance in it all
(tonight, tonight, tonight, tonight)
i put all my faith in this knife
(goodnight, goodnight, goodnight, goodnight)
the blood spills as the tears fall from your eyes

Tyson Stevens has written the most beautiful song lyrics... here's another one called The Only Medicine, this is one of my favorite songs ever:

I wash it down, just to block out all the sound.
I never thought I'd be alone. Well look at me now.

Sleepless nights, painful goodbyes.
Who the hell was I kidding?
The room starts to spin,
all alone and bleeding once again.
Can you help me make this.. make this ****ing end?

[Chorus]
Oh my god there must be something,
Something to take the pain away.
And so there's nothing you can give me.
It's probably better off that way.

Just forget, all I ever wanted was to forget.
Bloodshot eyes and a starless sky.
Who the hell are we kidding?

You look so content, I guess the bright side hasn't found me yet.
Pull me out so I can catch my breath.

[Chorus]

I live my life in the shadows of the things I try to hide.

[Chorus]


this song (also by sksk) means a lot to me. the first time I heard it, it was like.. instant epiphany. this song helped me stop hurting myself for half a year:

What's Said is Done by Scary Kids Scaring Kids:


We watched these days go by,
The seasons changed and faded away, and the things I’ve learned to love grow old and die.
There’s no reason why, no reason why, no reason why, no reason why...
Cause life’s too short to spend alone in misery.
Everybody seems to look the same,
I feel so alone and now my head is bowed in shame again,
So I look to the heart of the devil for answers.

This path is like a loaded gun, but what’s said is done.
You don’t have to say a word.
I’m so afraid to ask,
I’ll turn my back block out the past; find me something true that isn't sad.
I’m so afraid to ask, this solace never seems to last,
I turn away as the sunshine fades to black.

I spend my nights and days, locked away; they’re all the same,
I don’t know how much more I can take.
What’s left to say, what’s left to say, what’s left to say, what’s left to say?
Cause life’s too short to spend alone in misery.

This path is like a loaded gun, but what’s said is done. You don’t have to say a word. (x5)

I’m so afraid to ask,
I’ll turn my back block out the past; find me something true that isn't sad.
I’m so afraid to ask, this solace never seems to last,
I turn away as the sunshine fades to black.
I’m so afraid to ask,
I’ll turn my back forget the past; find me something true that isn't sad.

This path is like a loaded gun, but what’s said is done, you don’t have to say a word.

every time I hear it, I get chills. it still has that effect on me, especially the bold lines. I wish it was enough to make me stop for good... /:



underneath the threat of giving in,
I give it all once more.
quietly dissolving under lights that call me home...... this is how it begins, quietly counting backwards from ten, nine, eight.... sevensixfivefourthree... but I can't concentrate on anything...
no one can save me.. I'm not even here. I am drifting from consciousness into oblivion... someone is shutting me down.


[x

a.breath.of.sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote