|
Disabilities and school?
So I was wondering if there were anyone else on here with LD or ADHD or anything of those sorts who was registered with the disabled services at their school, and if you get accomodations do you use them and how has it worked out for you?
And also, just curious if anyone has any ideas for me on this one...
basically, part of my accomodations CLEARLY STATE that I get a distraction free environment (auditory and visual) and double the amount of normal time on my exams. There's more... but if I get even one of these this quarter for my last final, I'll be shocked as hell.
I have one more final. It's for an online course. All students have 2 options. Take it at home, you have 50 minutes. Or take it at school in a proctored lab, you get 120 minutes. ANY student can chose either. I was told that my accomodations apply in all situations in all classes. So if other students can take it at home, I can too, just I'd get double the 50 minutes. If I take it at school then it is supposed to be double the 120 minutes, and NOT in a lab (ever been in a college computer lab? NOT distraction free).
The disabled student services department on campus wont help me. the instructor wont let me have my extra time and take it at home where I can make sure the area is free of distractions. Instead, he wants me to take it in a computer lab that is VERY busy. And he'd still give me the regular lab version, only 120 minutes. How that is following my outlined accomodations, I don't know. He said if I didn't want to take it when other students were in the lab, then I would have to wait until the lab closed and *maybe* he could arrange to let me take it then. Which would mean starting what is about a 4 hour exam at around 7pm and taking it as I'm crashing off my meds. I haven't yet asked if he'd be there to help me reading the text, because in the lab he wants me to take it in, I also wouldn't have the reader program that I get to help me out.
I have no idea where to turn to get help on this issue, and I need to get it worked out before Friday!!!!!
|