View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 11:57 PM   #42
Doesnt_matter
Judith
 
Doesnt_matter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Germany

Here in Germany, the media also says a lot about "SI = borderline" or what is newer "SI = emo" but the borderline label is used more often.

There are at least two big German homepages about SI but SI is still quite a taboo, although the media says a lot about SIing (but in a bad tone).

But when it comes to confessing that you SI to friends and family most people react in a positive way and what is even more surprising almost everyone had known before at least one person who SIs and some even says that they did it, too.
Well, they still want YOU to stop and most people cannot understand that SI isn't anything that you can JUST stop and that's it.

My GP knows about my SI and she reacted nicely and I guess at least 50% of German docs react well when they see scars/ wounds because they have seen it before.



I can't control my destiny.
I trust my soul. My only goal is just to be.
(Rent)

I'm selfish, inpatient and a little insecure.
I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. (Marilyn Monroe)


Doesnt_matter is offline   Reply With Quote