View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 09:23 PM   #22
Bellatrix
Voldemort's Bitch
 
Bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Everywhere
I am currently:

Personally I think there should be an entire site dedicated to it, not just a thread.

I like to know if there are going to be scenes of a sexual nature in things, when it is not a consnsual act.

For example, I watch law and order - I know there will be distressing topics so I only watch when I'm well enough to deal with it.
But we went to see Frankenstein and there was a really graphic rape scene that I was a not expecting, cue flashbacks and trauma re emerging, had I been informed of this before hand I could have either not gone or gone in prepared. L

I don't see it as cotton wool i see it as informed and educated.

There's a line that would be crossed if you started trying to sensor things like, contains the colour red, and the like. But for sexual violence I think there should be a way to find out if a film or programme contains it before going to see it, as it's shocking to watch even if you haven't been through a. Trauma




Imperfection is underrated.



Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote