View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 10:57 AM   #20
Too Shy
 
Too Shy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: West Sussex
I am currently:

I don't know if this would be any more useful to you, but I struggle with the mindfulness sometimes and one thing I find useful for mindfulness is 'mindful activity'. You mentioned textbooks, so that might be something for you, but things I find helpful are going for a walk - you can be mindful by looking at your surroundings, I like places where there's water so you can hear the sound of the water running, or notice the reflections in the water, or noticing the sound of the trees in a breeze. It might sound silly, but I like parks and swings for that too - I like to notice the sensation when I'm on swings, when I can feel the breeze. Or crosswords for me too.

But as above, mindfulness doesn't work for everybody, it might just be that there are other things that are more helpful for you instead.










Too Shy is offline   Reply With Quote