View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 12:06 AM   #9
ParanormalChickenGeek
 
ParanormalChickenGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London, UK
I am currently:

Earthbound_misfit - your comment is incredibly rude and judgemental. How you can judge that I'm 'not ill' and it 'doesn't affect' me!? I think this thread is quite clear on how certain things DO still affect me, despite my achievements!
I'm sorry, you sound very bitter about receiving little help from the NHS but personally attacking me isn't going to help you recover any quicker either.
I see no reason for me to justify myself or my journey to you, but to put you straight I didn't 'magically' get better, I still suffer from depression and as I stated I still very rarely SH- the only difference being that I do a professional job now, and I completely separate this side of me from the work I do. I too have had little help throughout my life - I had one course of CBT and support from a GP and that is it. I'm now looking at paying for a private therapist despite paying £200 NI a month!! I didn't 'trot on through' to uni and a career, I slugged my guts out to get here and it wasn't an easy journey!

Thank you Pomegranate, Dash and red_princess for your supportive posts



We're all architects of our own private hell
No-one can hurt us like we hurt ourselves...


ParanormalChickenGeek is offline   Reply With Quote