View Single Post
Old 11-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #5
HopeRises
 
HopeRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: UK

I think I did a little..with the self harm but more in a sense that I would self harm to keep my identity. I think particularly it was to do with my friendship group and RYL. In my eyes at the time I needed to be ill to be here also being ill/ self harmed was my identity and when I stopped I wasn't "me"

Now I am Recovered and happy. Being well and happy and doing all the things I enjoy doing is my identity but during recovery, I would get scared I was " getting better"

I think recovery is very scary and lots of people would take deliberate step backs to prevent it. I think it is quite normal



Life can be beautiful if you let it.
Step back, breathe and take it in




HopeRises is offline   Reply With Quote