Hi everyone,
Thanks for the answers. I think I should have gotten this checked out soon after it happened, when I realized the area was numb. But I just kind of waited through it, and I think that now there's no reason to go to a doctor? If I go to student health services to get it checked out, they'll bill my parents, and my mother will force me to tell her what happened. Then she'll start saying I'm too much of a idiot to do scientific research in the future if I think it's a good idea to put dry ice on my hand. She probably won't understand that I did it on purpose, because I was in an awful mood and pissed that my lab partners were ignoring me through the whole 4 hour chem lab. (The funny part is, I had chem lab again this Tuesday, and when my lab partners saw my hand they were all morbidly curious to see what the injury looked like after a week. And yet they didn't say a word to me the week before when they saw me standing there touching a hazardous substance. Wow...)
Anyways... Hopefully I don't need to go to student health at all. The frostbite looks a lot better today after the dead skin came off and I bandaged it with ointment overnight. It's now pink instead of bright red, and the little "hole" is almost closed. Now I've just got to figure out if this is permanent scar tissue, or just new skin that's growing to replace the frostbitten part...
What do you guys think?
Last edited by viraki : 03-04-2014 at 02:25 PM.
|