Hey honey,
Sorry I haven't really been around to reply to your threads for a while.
I think you're doing amazingly well, and I'm so happy your friend is being so good about everything. It sounds like he's really understanding and I hope he helps you with all this.
I think it'd be perfectly acceptable for him to come to the first few sessions with you, or sit outside in case you need him if you want. Remember, you don't need to be 'trapped' in the room with the therapist, a lot of them have outside doors so the one to the room can remain open, it might be worth asking about, if that would make you feel safer.
Well done for going to his flat and getting the medication with him. I think it is important to keep trying to do these things; it might start with your mind being elsewhere and your body doing these things, but slowly you'll realise it is safe and your mind will be able to dip in and out...then progress into being there itself. For example, when I started counselling I had to start talking in third person to tell them what happened to me, then I was being able to replace some of the '...happened to Katie' with '...happened to me' and slowly the balance tipped towards saying more 'me's until I could say it all happened to me - if that makes any sense, sorry my brain isn't too great at the moment.
Take care, and I'm always just a PM away if you need to talk <3
x x x
|