View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 01:51 AM   #3
talaiporia
Chat Mod
 
talaiporia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: W. London
I am currently:

I'd be concerned that Scotland wouldn't be very financially viable without the rest of the UK. It's a large land area with low population density and a lot of issues that require significant funding. And that's before the whole Euro saga (which given what it did to Italy when that was introduced, probably wouldn't be especially ideal!).

On a non-financial level, I'm still not entirely sure what independence would bring, in the 21st century. It was very different when things were part of the empire/conquered and there were hardships faced by not being independent, but nowadays I'm unsure it would make a significant difference to the way of life for many people (other than financially).

And it seems unlikely that the UK would allow Scotland to keep the pound, for financial reasons as it would likely devalue it, and nobody would want that.



It doesn't matter where you come from; it matters where you go.
No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do.
We won't all be here this time next year,
so while you can take a picture of us.
We're definitely going to hell,
but we'll have all the best stories to tell.


talaiporia is offline   Reply With Quote