|
Letter from my doctor
I asked for a letter from my doctor to give to my college so that they might give me extensions on the assignments that are due.
She wrote:
I am writing to let you know that this 24 year old gentlemen recently registered with our practise. He has a past history of depression and self-harming and is currently under the care of a CPN whom he sees twice a month and is awaiting to see a psychiatrist in our area.
I understand William has recently enrolled on a course since moving to this area and is having some difficulties with the pressure of the work involved. He is well motivated, compliant with medication and is hoping to be able to carry on with the college course but I woncer whether he could be given some leeway with regard to the time-scales for his work due to his associated mental health problems.
---
I took it to the Assessments office, hoping that they would forward the information to my tutors, but I was told that I had to actually present it to them myself: that I had to explain it to each of my tutors. I am bothered by this, as the letter is quite explicit and I don't particularly want any of them to know about my personal medical history!
What should I do? Any suggestions?
Love, always, WJB.
|