View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 PM   #3
in a bad way
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Angry on your behalf!

Hi
Your Father is completely out of line.

My Mother was emotionally, physically and verbally abusive. But when she did something she'd been asked not to, to my nephew, My brother left with him and she didn't see him for 2 years.

If you have to request those things of them, then perhaps it wont be a terribly healthy relationship for your daughter to be in? I had to tell my Dad not to refer to larger people as fat, not, please don't make violent references. And to use your child to make a point at you, I think is a warning sign in itself.

I know it must be hard as you love your parents. But I would keep their relationship with your child very distant. Letting your child get close to someone (even excluding potential sexual abuse) who has unhealthy ways of behaving can only impact negatively. If it was anyone else you'd keep well away.

If your wife has a good relationship with her parents, perhaps plan a trip there next time. And maybe your Mom could come and visit you?

I'm sorry I've gone on but I feel cross at the injustice done to you.

Feel free to PM me. I hope everything works out. keep us posted

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

in a bad way is offline   Reply With Quote