View Single Post
Old 16-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Shrink
 
Shrink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
I am currently:

I relate and have felt similar.
I dont have any magic solutions, but what i would say is to concentrate on finishing your degree. It might feel like you need to make ALL the life decisions now, but you really dont. Where you are now does not have to have any impact on where you might end up in future. But you're into your second year now, push through this and finish your degree, that is definitely something to be proud of and an achievement that is worthwhile no matter what you might want to do in the future.

I nearly gave up my art degree, because i decided i might want to work in health care, but the fact that you have a degree will help you long term whatever field you want to work in. It shows you have the intelligence and the commitment.

Look at the last 6 months, does it seem like its gone quickly? Only a few more months and your degree will be finished. You can look at moving to another city, making fresh friends and career choices.

You havent ****ed up. I think this is fairly common, we all have wobbles. My mum is 65 and says she still doesnt know what she wants to do when shes grows up! I always try and remember that. It might not seem like it, but its never too late to try something new and find what you really love, and sometimes that just takes a bit of time.

Push through this next 1.5 years as best as you can, leave with a degree and then find what you want to do next!

Does your uni offer counselling services? Would you be willing to try that?

Shrink is offline   Reply With Quote