View Single Post
Old 28-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #7
Pi.R^2
RYL Super Sponsor!
 
Pi.R^2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Safety Cupboard
I am currently:

I'm glad you're managing to be more outgoing and assertive! I hope that's a change that will continue and you'll settle in well to your new place and make some new friends :)

This is quite a weird angle to take, but in terms of being hurt and being scared of being hurt, I've learnt that one way to overcome that is to simply ignore your instincts telling you to back away. I am a ridiculously trusting person and that means I've let far too many bad people into my life, but if I'd given up and shut people out, I wouldn't be where I am today, in a loving relationship and having fantastic friends. It's the scariest thing you'll ever do, but allowing yourself to trust in spite of the screaming voice telling you not to, is very often worth it.



No other sadness in the world would do


Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote