Thread: Skyrim
View Single Post
Old 22-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #35
Isoverity
 
Isoverity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auror. View Post
I fail at trying to up my sneak skill. My lockpick, pickpocket, speech, heavy armor, two handed, one handed, and a bunch of other things are at 100, my magic are at like 30, but I can't be sneaky for ****, which means I pretty much always have to go with one or two handed in close combat because archery is too slow.

It probably doesn't help that I only have the boring side quests from all the guilds at this point... I'm like level 63?

Just make a point to a hit CTRL and move around in sneak even if there is no enemy. Sneak will still go up. I played all of oblivion without sneaking but it really pays off a lot. Especially with things like trolls and giants. You can plant an arrow and they look around bewildered unable to see where is came from. There are also amulets that increase sneak and archery. I found them but merchants have them. I had an elven helmet that increases archery 30% and gauntlets that increase it another 25% . Combined with amulet that increased sneak 30% I was mainly untouchable even with archery at 50%. Some of the lightening hurling mages were still tough but that what the save button is for lol

Isoverity is offline   Reply With Quote