Thread: Sexism?
View Single Post
Old 31-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #149
whirlpools
 
Join Date: May 2008

I don't feel unclear in my role. I want to be a mum, I would ideally like to share responsibility for both the upbringing of my children and the financial income with my partner, if he were to agree (incidentally, an ex-partner thoroughly expected me to do all the housework and cooking AND have a full-time job which brought in the rent - not in my lifetime!).

I don't feel 'spoilt' in comparison to some women elsewhere in the world; rather, I feel that they are mistreated and I am experiencing what should be the norm. A right to choose how I live my own life. I don't think it's a lot to expect.

Additionally, I am curious - would you consider a man reading this thread who would like what I would like (to be equally involved in child-rearing and a working career with his partner) unclear in their role? Or were you talking about something different which I have misunderstood, as often happens tbf (I am not that bright).

whirlpools is offline