View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
Becca
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellata View Post
One thing that really worries me is customers figuring out that I obviously have mental health issues, which the extended contact of leading an event might do. I've already had a customer moan that I wasn't smiling, and others asking me if I'm crazy [in a serious, demeaning kind of way] when simply serving them at the desk, but when I've had an 'unwell day' - though I do try my best to keep things tucked in at work.

I do need consistent regular respite away from public facing, and when the office which is my respite closes, there needs to be some other things planned - though I've already discussed this with my manager and he's supportive.
I can understand that being hurtful and upsetting. I did the same thing when I worked - keeping things 'tucked in'; but of course on bad days that is very very hard to do.

I hope it goes well.

Becca is offline   Reply With Quote