Thread: Cat problem
View Single Post
Old 25-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #8
Ninja Orange
 
Ninja Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Derry, Northern Ireland
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafiki View Post
It's a natural reaction to something that shocks them. One of mine had a near run-in with a car about a year ago, & she would follow me around for days afterwards, & poo & wee in the house too, & meow when I wasn't giving her attention. She settled down after a while. If it concerns you, you could get some spray to try to stop him doing it. x
It's a relief to hear from several of you that it settles down. How long did it take, would you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makedamnsure View Post
Yeah I'd get the Feliway diffuser. Will just be a reaction to the stress. You could try rescue remedy in the water bowl too. If you catch him doing it just gently move him outside or to a litter tray. But if you don't actually see him do it "showing" him afterwards he won't understand.
I'm definitely going to go down to the vet pharmacy tomorrow and ask them about it. What is this Feliway diffuser exactly?
I am wary about putting anything in the water bowl because the three of them (cat and two dogs) share it, and the dogs naturally drink more, so that would only work if it would definitely do no harm to the dogs.


Quote:
Originally Posted by griddlebone View Post
Please tell your mum that its 99% likely that he will get better and stop doing this....its like human anxiety, people need the toilet more, want more reassurance etc. I would keep an eye on him and if he gets up on the table put him on the floor or outside.

My older cat had a run in with a dog that got into our house and she would only poo in the sink for about a week but she got better.x
Thank you. I'll tell her all that I've read here. I already asked her that if worst comes to worst, to be patient and I'll take him when I move out in several months time. My brother loves him a lot too, so hopefully the shelter would be a complete last resort that they wouldn't do without letting me know.


Last edited by Ninja Orange : 25-10-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: griddlebone posted while I was writing my reply
Ninja Orange is offline   Reply With Quote