Well I'm still coughing up blood, but there's at least another 2 - 3 weeks before the sputum cultures are complete. I have to admit the possible results from those cultures has been on my mind quite a bit. Both my sister and my fiancée have been reminding me that the blood could just be from blood vessels bursting from the strength of the coughing. My biggest concern, apart from the possible outcomes, is that I'll still be coughing up blood when I go for my anaesthetics appointment prior to my shoulder surgery and that it will mean the operation will be put off. A pretty stupid thing to be worried about, but that happened with my previous surgery.
Because of my being "unwell" and the added stress that uni work was placing on me I dropped a subject. While it wasn't what I really wanted to do, I also had to take into account that I could be spending time in hospital... Not really beneficial to university studies. So far I've submitted 2 assignments and am beginning my third, and I received 100% on my first assignment. I'm managing to stay on top of the work - even though we had to send my laptop to Brisbane to be fixed as the hard drive had died, and then had to completely reinstall my fiancée's laptop. Thankfully I had backed up all my data only a couple of days before the laptop had to be wiped. But there are further problems stemming from us only having one laptop, one USB modem stick and no other internet at this point.
My fiancée is travelling up to Cairns when they have a bed available so that he can undergo a medication change. I know that he is terrified about it, and I'm extremely nervous as well. Whilst I'm 100% aware that he will get the best care that they are able to give, I'm still anxious because there is a possibility that they will want to start from scratch, and will therefore take him off all his present medications. That might not sound like too much of a problem, but it only takes a couple of days for him to become psychotic when the meds are dropped suddenly. He should hear tomorrow about an admission date, and then all we have to do is buy him the necessary items and arrange the coach up there. He is intending to take the laptop and USB modem with him, effectively leaving me with no computer and no internet right in the middle of uni semester.
Over the last couple of weeks I've begun to have some psychotic symptoms that become quite distressing. One of the worst is the sensation (?) of bugs crawling all over my body. The only way at present to counter these unusual thoughts, sensations, voices, etc is to give me a small dose of a quick release anti-psychotic. Unfortunately I'm on an extremely high daily dose of Seroquel and have to be very careful what I put into my body. I'm writing my psychiatrist an email to pre-warn him about what is currently happening as I have an appointment with him next Wednesday.
My right arm is giving me some massive troubles at present. Just putting my hair into a ponytail, or typing for more than a couple of sentences causes pain and numbness in my arm. There's no real way to relieve it other than to put my arm down by my side for a couple of minutes and then to start all over again. This is becoming extremely frustrating, but I know that there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it at this point. Hopefully the shoulder surgery early next year will be enough, once I've regained the movement in my arm, to fix the problem without the surgeon having to resort to Plan B. I'm pretty sure that affixing part of my pelvis to my shoulder is not going to be particularly comfortable.
Right this moment though it's time to have a rest.
|