View Single Post
Old 19-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #6
Eccentrics
Occasionally lurking
 
Eccentrics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: UK
I am currently:

I'm sorry, I don't really have any helpful advice but I just wanted to say that your doctor had no right to say anything like that! He is a professional and should act like one. Honestly, your GP should have seen this sort of thing many times before, and even if not he should have known how to handle it maturely and supportively. It must have taken a lot of courage to show something so personal and he should have known this. You went to him for help, not to be insulted!

I'm so sorry you had to experience that. If you feel up to it, do you think you could make a complaint? Perhaps write a letter to the receptionist, who could pass it on to whoever deals with this sort of thing? That was out of order and a very unprofessional thing for your doctor to do.

I'm so sorry your crisis team didn't ring you, hun. Unfortunately, this seems to happen a lot as they get swamped or sidetracked or records get lost. Please be assured that this is not because they don't care about you or think you deserve help, you DO deserve help and this is probably just one of those things. x Could you maybe give them a call yourself and explain that they were meant to call you? Is there anybody else you could contact?

You are never alone, hun. I know you don't know me, but if you ever want to vent or even just chat you can PM me and I will always be here to listen x I hope that the cymbalta has some good results and you can get the help you need and deserve quickly. Depression is a horrible thing to have to suffer, and nobody should have to do it alone x

~ Holly

Eccentrics is offline   Reply With Quote