View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #13
beautiful_seclusion
 
beautiful_seclusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: U.S.
I am currently:

Yeah I live in the US. You do have to use one that uses your insurance, but you can choose off the type. They ask questions but I think they usually just send a list of all the practitioners in your area that your insurance covers. I'm sure they are not going to send you a list with people trying to hurt you, but if you need reassurance, you could look them up online to see reviews/see that they really are the list that that insurance takes. I would definitely recommend figuring out what it is you want and finding out what they specialize in, as if you just pick a name off the list and don't know what type of help you want, then you are going to have a much higher chance of not getting good care. Think about whether you want medication help, therapy or both, and also think about what symptoms you want to stop and what you want to talk about in therapy. Knowing that ahead of time will help you choose a better therapist and doctor and will get them on the right track to treating you faster. It sounds like you are struggling though, so I think it's good you are seeking help.



Stereotypes are the epitome of human laziness.
- me


beautiful_seclusion is offline   Reply With Quote