View Single Post
Old 18-01-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
Fry
 
Fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitomato View Post

Fighting diabetes is an entire lifestyle engagement, and I would like to know what she thinks "controlled" is. Diabetes puts persons at higher risks for stroke, heart attacks etc., and a person just becomes a walking bomb with time.
I haven't read the article yet because this ^ caught my attention.
Aren't you aware that diabetes can be controlled and that a person with it can live a healthy life just like someone who doesn't have it? Or at least that's the case for the insulin dependent sort. My mum has diabetes so I can say from second hand experience that it isn't really a 'fight' at all. It's just something you learn to adapt to, and to be fair it's quite simple. Especially considering a person can choose how much insulin they have to suit what they eat, rather than having to change what they eat to fit the measure of insulin. You can also take the insulin just before a meal at any time, rather than have your mealtimes dictated to you by the condition. Treatment for diabetes has improved so much over the last 15 years or so, it's quite phenomenal. It's not all about avoiding sweets and sugar anymore! :)
You've made it all sound rather dramatic. My mum has had the condition 43 years and shows no signs of becoming a walking bomb anytime soon. :P




Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do you want?

(Used to be ~sonic~)


Fry is offline   Reply With Quote