View Single Post
Old 14-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #20
Serendipity.
fabulous.
 
Serendipity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010

I hated maths and was convinced I couldn't do it. I don't think I was actually as bad at it as I thought I was, as I never actually got bad grades. I never exactly liked it but I was okay with it until Standard Grade. It didn't help that I had a terrible maths teacher for Standard Grade (judging from this thread, there seem to be a lot of them out there!) She criticized certain people, including me, frequently - on a personal level, not just about maths ability. And she told me I was going to fail all my exams, which was pretty unfair considering I was never even likely to fail maths. But she had me convinced I was completely useless and would never pass and I absolutely hated maths after that!



"I know you're sad, so I won't tell you to have a good day. Instead, I advise you to simply have a day.
Stay alive, feed yourself well, wear comfortable clothes, and don't give up on yourself just yet.
It'll get better. Until then, have a day."


Serendipity. is offline   Reply With Quote