Thanks..
I'm trying not to self diagnose but it does make me curious.
It was mentioned when I first went back on anti-depressants a few months ago by my doctor. She was wondering why the last time I was on medication I was on such a low dose of Lexapro. I told her it was because of increased suicidal thoughts, and she said, "Well if this doesn't seem to help, it could be that you could have an underlying mood disorder, but we'll see how it goes." Then when I was with my counselor and she asked me why I was on such a low dose of Lexapro and I told her why, and then I said that my doctor had mentioned it could be because of a mood or personality disorder she said, "Ya, I was thinking that too." And she told me to remind my doctor of the suicidal thoughts when I go and see her this coming week because she wasn't sure if she remembered when she had talked to my doctor.
It seemed like it was a common thought that too much of the Lexapro could be a sign of something else. Maybe not and that was more of a convincing factor for her, I really don't know.
I don't remember how long I was on the higher dose of Lexapro, it wasn't 6-8 weeks, I can tell you that, and I had been on Prozac and tried that for a while then the low Lexapro, then the higher Lexapro and that's when the thoughts got really bad. Although, it very well could have just been a coincidence.
|