View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:09 AM   #6
StillCrazy
 
StillCrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
I am currently:

The first trimester is the most important time for development. Each drug had a risk percentage and have pregnancy catergories. Meds deemed safe are B or above, c cat is where there is none or not enough data in pregnancy and the meds should be taken when risk to mother outweigh risks to baby, d cat meds data has shown there is risk to fetus and malformations have occured to fetuses. X cat meds are deemed very unsafe and should not be taken at all in pregnancy.

Quetiapine is a cat c drug. I came off it 4 weeks early as i knew it would give baby the best chance of not having withdrawals. As i had to wean off it too it helped baby to too. Baby had no withdrawals at all from it.

I hope you get to see a perinatal psych soon they know best regarding pregnant women and postpartum women too. My psych is fab, he listens and doesnt try to push meds onto you if you dont want to take them.

Hope that helps



Its hard out there in that big world, im moving against the wind, but slowly Im pushing through and seeing through the foggy haze - Me

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good! - Stitch

StillCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote