Thread: Disugsting Spam
View Single Post
Old 20-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
Harley
Webmaster
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Scotland
I am currently:

I am confident that the vast majority of all the spam I have seen recently posted on RYL was completely automated robots, not humans posting. There are just tell tell signs.

Anyway as mentioned on the other thread I have now made changes so that the reg page actually asks you a random question rather than presenting an image which has obviously been programmed around. We can't rely on the poor members and mods to report and delete this stuff it's horrible!

Anyway, there are also a few other things, such as marking the time it takes for someone to fill out the registration page (bots do it way faster than a human ever could) but up until recently the auto spam bot detection systems have been doing a pretty good job of keeping spam at bay. Obviously this recently changed but we are able to respond with multiple moves beyond this one, and this should be enough - so don't worry - they will not win :)

Harley



"Perfection is always under construction"

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote