View Single Post
Old 19-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #37
Caru y Nos
 
Caru y Nos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008

^ I'm not expert, but I assume it's down to the cognitive demands available. DID is a protective mechanism, so it stands to reason that it's a method of reducing the psychological and cognitive load on the individual. Like safe-mode on your computer. Basic functions and skills would be alright, but language is a rather high-functioning thing which would require much more effort - especially when it comes down to grammar etcetera. In this single sentence I have automatically corrected my predisposition to try and spell sentence with an a, grammar with an e, and so on. It makes sense it's simply these rules which have been corrected over time that aren't been followed.

I maybe wrong, though.

EDIT: That was aimed at Claire, though everyone else managed to get their post before mine (which only took 2 mins!)



Dead to the world. Alive for the journey


Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote