View Single Post
Old 28-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #13
ferretmonster
 
ferretmonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: UK

As other people have said, your parents probably find it hard to take in that their child has problems, and mental health problems are even harder for some people to understand.

There is such a stigma attached to MH problems and I have to admit I find Aspergers very difficult to understand because it is to do with removing or changing parts of my perception that i see as fundamental to me.

There is also a whole load of guilt for parents who made their child wondering if its their fault their child is not 'normal' (sorry i hate to use the word but i hope it makes sense).

Maybe don't bring these things up as often? I'm not really sure how to make your parents understand, perhaps if you haven't already, leave them some written information to help them understand and read in their own time?






ferretmonster is offline   Reply With Quote