View Single Post
Old 27-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #142
Steel Maiden
There is no place like 127.0.0.1
 
Steel Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London

I think that you should try the aripiprazole as it has a pretty different mechanism of action to chlorpromazine/quetiapine (chlorpromazine is a dopamine-2 antagonist and quetiapine is a serotonin-dopamine antagonist, whereas aripiprazole is a doapmine-2 partial agonist), and aripiprazole does good work on negative symptoms. Will he keep you on the chlorpromazine? As aripiprazole can cause activation and insomnia.



PM me if you want a PDF copy of the ICD-10 or the Mental Health Act 1983/2007. I ALSO HAVE THE DSM-V BOOK and am a pharmacology student.

I have a visual impairment / neurological problems so I need people to type in clear text and no funny fonts. Also excuse any typos, my vision blocks things out.
I have autism and have problems communicating, PMs included.
Just becasue I type well doesn't mean I speak well. I am only part time verbal.


Steel Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote