View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #54
rara avis
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Australia
I am currently:

That's dedication, 5 miles of dedication!

I have only tried the challenging a few times, so I'm not so sure whether or not it helps, it's hard to remember to distract, let alone challenge when the voices are so consuming.

The group program is ok. It's very DBT focused, and i've done quite a lot of work on that type of stuff with my psychiatrist. My Dr says CBT styled therapy is more what I need. And as i mentioned a lot of the adolescents have very different issues to those that I have. I try to pick out little helpful bits here and there where applicable but I mostly sit there (trying to stay "with it") and listen. At the very very least it gets me out of my room.

rara avis is offline   Reply With Quote