View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #3
morningside stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
I am currently:

Sweetie, it sounds like she DOES give a shit. The fact that she wants you to try a different approach shows that she cares and just wants you to get better. I know it can feel crappy though to be bounced about from one person to another. Trusting a total stranger is hard enough. It's natural to want them to stick around and help you through from beginning to end. Then again, psychologists aren't our friends. They just want what is medically best for us. It's still a difficult concept to get to grips with. I'm so guilty of weirdly expecting professionals to act like my friends. I guess it's because we're trusting them with such personal stuff. Don't give up hope though. The next person might be able to help you and think how wonderful it will be if you find the proper treatment. That's not being bounced about. That's moving FORWARD :) Do you know what this 'new approach' is? Did your psychologist explain how she thinks it may help you? Hang in there xx

morningside stranger is offline   Reply With Quote