Hi,
I was on 800mg tegretol for a year but for epilepsy, it was a year of hell, I could barely function, trying to do anything was like trying to walk through treacle. Anyway, it was a while back that I was on them, but I'm sure they come with a warning about having thoughts of self harm and suicide, so you do need to see your GP ASAP so they can urgently refer you back to your psych who will most likely change you to something else, increasing the dose is likely to make matters worse if it the meds that are making you feel this way.
I had the same problem with thoughts of self harm on lamotrigine (and I'm pretty sure I'm getting it on keppra (levetiracetam) too). When I saw my GP he got me an urgent referral with my neuro who got me off the lamotrigine very quickly (much quicker than they usually titrate these sort of meds) because although it is rare, it is a serious side effect of anti convulsants that are also used as mood stabilisers.
Good luck, I hope you get your meds sorted.
|