Thread: Lower and lower
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #3
Tig
 
Tig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007

Hi Jon,

I agree with Multi-Snarf. I definitely think it would be good for you to speak to your GP. Even if it is to get support, rather than medication. There may be other options out there.

However, not every medication is going to make you feel like you want to hurt yourself and when medication does do that, it usually lasts about 2 weeks and then should go. I can relate though, when I was on Trazodone, the first week I was so depressed I couldn't move from the sofa but it did pass. It was scary whilst it lasted though so can relate to your fears.

Perhaps you could write a list of the medication you have been on and if you had side effects or not. This could be helpful for your GP to indentify what meds would be helpful for you.
For example, if you have been on SSRI's then they may decide that group of AD are not good for you.

x

Tig is offline   Reply With Quote