View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 09:54 PM   #8
Gone.
 
Join Date: May 2009

I agree with Jodie. A year isn't a long time in the grand scheme of things. It's nothing compared to what life is, so please don't beat yourself up about it. I do understand the feelings of being a failure and not managing anything and all that negativity but the thing is, you were actually strong. You were strong enough to drop out of college when you knew that it had become too much and you needed to take a step back. The strength is admitting that something's wrong and addressing that.

Think about how amazing it would feel to go back in a year or whatever's time and to have made an improvement on how you're feeling and what you're thinking and everything like that. This year could be used really productively so try to take it that way, rather than shroud it in negativity. I know that on my year out I'm going to engage in counselling not because I want to but because I don't want another year like the last few. So have a think about how you could best utilise your time?

I hope that helps.

Take care.



Left.


Gone. is offline   Reply With Quote