Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 10:03 PM   #20
The Midnight Crazies
100% Honesty
 
The Midnight Crazies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Venlo, The Netherlands
I am currently:

I think the problem with psychiatry nowadays is that they're too stuck on labeling people and that label they carry for the rest of their lives like some kind of stigma. I'm all for addressing issues that bother you in your life and yes sometimes a diagnosis of some sort can be useful as a guideline for therapists/shrinks but I feel the labeling trend has gotten out of hand in the 21st century.

Oh yeah I was diagnosed with autism, that coat didn't fit me so I threw it off and lead my life in a way I find fullfilling. They said I'd need help to live on my own...I been renting this apartment for what? 5 years now, all is going well, interesting...

You know yourself best and if you disagree with them then that's probably with a reason.









The Midnight Crazies is offline   Reply With Quote