Thread: Kissing Photos
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #54
The One Who
 
The One Who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Somewhere
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow White. View Post
Why would we *not* warn people when there are scars visible? Scars are some of the most triggering things for self harmers who are in recovery, and as this website is about recovery, it only makes sense to alert people who are triggered by scars that, inside this thread are scars.

In the same way I don't make a thread based on one persons rule breaking comment, so we can all discuss it, I feel this is unnecessary. Quite simply; report button.
Scars have never bothered me, everyone has scars (self-harmer or not) and so getting upset by them has never really made sense to me. Having to label threads and pictures so as not to upset someone doesn't really make sense to me when this site is meant to be a place where people can be open about their self-harm. There's very little that people can do about their scars and accepting them is a part of recovery.

I made this thread because the significant other one was getting derailed with people discussing the photos, like it has been before in similar cases. I felt to make a dedicated thread in order to discuss the issue in a calm and mature manner (without the name-calling that was happening) might be more beneficial. That way we can know what people think of these things.

The One Who is offline