I'm not sure.
Yes, because it sent me on a huge downward sprial, and now I'm finding it really hard to stop, and I'll have to live with the scars for a long time.
But at the same time, no. Honestly, I probably would have killed myself by now if I hadn't turned to self harm instead. Sure, it wasn't the best thing to do, but it's better than ending up dead.
Also, I've met some amazing people through support sites, and I don't know what I'd do without them. I can understand a lot of things that other people can't because of my self harm. Most people make assumptions about what's going on in other people's lives, but I don't. No one knew about what I was going through, and I don't know what other people are going through, so who am I to make assumptions? Also, I can appreciate people's problems. Sometimes, I hear people say, "just snap out of it, and get over it." I know that a lot of the time, it just isn't that simple. I wouldn't know that if I hadn't started hurting myself.
And one day, when I do manage to stop (*crosses fingers*), I'll be a much stronger person.
So no, I don't think I do regret it.
|