Thread: i slipped up
View Single Post
Old 14-03-2011, 08:05 PM   #2
lonely_hope
I'm not worth the air I breathe
 
lonely_hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently:

I can relate to an extent... I recently got into my first relationship. I didn't want to end up freaking my bf out, so I briefly told him that I have SI issues. It's awkward to talk about, so we don't really say much about it. SI isn't something many people understand, which makes it difficult.

It dounds really good that he wants to support you though :) Maybe taking small steps talking to him at first would help. Like- just talking about it a little bit to get more comfortable. I'm not sure since every relationship is probably different. Some people may be more open to the subject than others.

I hope you're doing alright with everything :) You can always send a PM if you want to talk

*hugs and love*



"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.


lonely_hope is offline   Reply With Quote