Getting onto that path to recovery can be upsetting - in that sense it's quite understandable.
I hope you're keeping yourself safe and are taking good care of your wounds. Do you have support still? It sounds like it's needed.
Things must be confusing indeed, but I guess.. when things come to light and you start thinking in new ways - or people bring up new stuff - it can be scary, and upsetting. It means leaving behind what we know. It means getting out of our comfort zone (miserable place though it may be sometimes!). So in a way I'm not surprised you're harming more, I'm guessing you've had a lot to think about recently? What with going inpatient and everything?
It's important to remember that things will become easier. You will get used to new ways and new circumstances. No matter whether you cut or not, it's good that you tried other options first. Never give up trying.
Good luck x
|