View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Aimless
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
I am currently:

Hey,

trust me, I can sympathise with this. I have a couple words that I'd rather get rid of now, but that's not the way it goes.

First things first though. I wouldn't recommend burning over it or anything like that. Apart from it being dangerous, it really doesn't work. I tried that back in the day and ended up with a still visible word and mangled skin around it, which just draws more attention to it.

While I realise it's not nice to have it there.. just give it time. It might become a permanent scar or not, but either way it'll fade and become less noticeable over time. It *will* most likely get to the point where you'll only see it because you know it's there. And then to the point where you'd have to look for it to find it again.

Just make sure to care for the wounds as best as possible, if it hasn't all healed up yet. Good wound care reduces scarring. Once it's completely healed, I'd say it's a good idea to keep the scars moisturised, and to use scar reduction salves and stuff of the sort to speed up the fading process.

Unfortunately these are just things we'll have to live with. It IS possible to get to the point where you just barely think of it anymore. Do you have any support in real life at all?

Good luck to you. PM if you need to talk. x

Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote