14-02-2011, 09:58 PM
|
#2
|
|
I'm not worth the air I breathe
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: US
I am currently: 
|
I don't know if I can give much advice, but, I can sooooooo relate.
My parents have found out about my SI several different times. They are always telling me to "promise not to do harm to myself again." I've had so many lectures about it... never fun :/ They just don't get that SI is not so easy to quit.
Anyway- I think it's great you recommended that book for your mother to read! That in itself is a huge accomplishment :) I don't think I'd ever be able to do that. You can't make her understand what you're going through, but you've done your part in trying to help her to help you in your recovery.
I really hope you're doing alright! You can always send a message if you need to talk
*hugs and love*
|
"God take me, because I hate me" -Underoath
We are male and female. We are artists, athletes, and students. We have depression, PTSD, eating disorders, bipolar disorder, or maybe no diagnosis at all. Some of us were abused, some not. We come from all walks of life and can be any age. We are every race or religion that you can think of. Our common link is this: We are in pain. We self-injure. And we are not freaks.
|
|
|