thank you both for advice and thoughts =]
I have been dwelling on this, as I knew would happen, and all of a sudden there's a range of stuff around the 'comfortable/not making an effort' idea.
This even extends to the fact that although I am currently in London at uni, my family live in Birmingham, and the future of the relationship after uni is based on whether or not I can stay in London. In a sense this is not an issue as I love London and do want to permanently live there, I've always hated it in Birmingham. Also there is the money issue for him as there is for me. But it's like I'm the one stressed and desperately trying to get onto a postgrad course in London and secure funding; he hasn't even considered lifting a finger to try and sort money out himself so if I can't stay there's a chance he can come with me. Is this the overexaggeration talking or am I right in thinking that's not really right?
I think I just need to take a deep breath and tell him outright that he needs to make an effort with me all the time, not just when things go tits up. Not because I want him to think I don't love him and that I'm going to run off but because he loves me and I'm worth making the effort for.
But on the other hand, while I say I don't want him thinking I'm going to run off I think it does need making clear that if he keeps taking me for granted, one day I won't be there anymore.
I've got what I need to say, it just borderlines a little mixed message?
|