Thread: Armistice Day
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #4
Dreaming.
You are free.
 
Dreaming.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: England.
I am currently:

I do absolutely love that poem, although as Cam said, it is haunting.
It's so important to remember and respect the troops, but I think it's also important - if we're going down the humanitarian path of "imagine this" - to remember the impact that this war is having on the civilians, who neither chose to be involved or have any control over what happens.

I know I've already posted this somewhere else, but I like it so am going to whore it out:
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy.
Instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it.
Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth.
Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate.
In fact, violence merely increases hate. So it goes.
Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." - Martin Luther King jr.


Last edited by Dreaming. : 09-11-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Dreaming. is offline   Reply With Quote